So, you just started a new job and one of the uniform requirements is to have a certain type of work boot. Specifically, the work boot needs to meet ASTM F2413-11 safety standards. But, what does that mean? Read all the information below to understand exactly what you need.
ASTM F2413-11 Safety Standard Explained
If you look up the ASTM F2413-11 safety standards online, you’ll probably find a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo that’s hard to understand. Here, we’re going to break it down for you. In general, the ASTM F2413-11 safety standard explains requirements for a protective (safety) toe cap.
Why Employers Require ASTM F2413-11 Rated Footwear
Employers often require this type of footwear for their employees because it has undergone testing that ensures it meets minimum design, performance, and classification requirements. A boot with this particular ASTM safety standard certification provides a good fit, is functional, and designed to be worn to protect against workplace hazards that could result in injuries at work.
Performance Expectations for ASTM F2413-11 Footwear
Some boot manufacturers may advertise an option as having a safety toe, but it’s important to understand the differences between these footwear options and whether the brand meets certain specifications. Footwear given an ASTM F2413-11 safety standard means it meets the performance requirements for the following causations:
- Impact resistance for the toe area
- Metatarsal protection that reduces the chance of injury to the metatarsal bones
- Compression resistance for the toe area
- Conductive properties that reduce hazards from electricity buildup
- Conductive properties that reduce the possibility of ignition explosives and volatile chemicals
- Conductive properties that reduce hazards due to excessively low footwear resistance
- Puncture resistance bottoms
- Chain saw cut resistant
- Dielectric insulation
At Military Boot Super Store, we offer dozens of boot options that meet ASTM F2413-11 safety requirements. If you have any questions about whether a certain military boot meets this requirement – send us a message and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.